440 Wilchester Blvd.
Houston, TX 77079
Join us for weekly mindfulness classes here at the Edith L. Moore Nature Sanctuary! We’ll begin each class with a guided 20-minute lesson. Then we’ll each go to a quiet spot in the forest to practice simply being mindful not mind-full. We’ll meet back at the cabin to share our experience. Participants are welcome to extend their mindful time in the forest as well.
Mondays 9:15AM to 10:15AM from September 14 - November 09
* No class on Monday 10/12
COVID Health Check considerations:
We have modified the format of this program so that we can hold it safely and not put our participants at risk, however we need complete agreement of all participants to abide by our new policies for these strategies to be effective.
Here are the ways we've changed the program:
- The entire program will take place outdoors, either on the porch of the cabin or on the trails.
- When gathering as a group seats will be spaced 6' apart outdoors.
- No tea will be served at any sessions.
- An online Zoom class will be offered for those of you who are immunocompromised or would prefer to join from home. These classes will be offered at a discounted rate and will be available only as a full 8 week course.
- Houston Audubon will have extra masks and hand sanitizer available.
What we expect from participants:
Before each session you should do a self-health check and ensure that you can answer "no" to each of the following:
Since your last time at Mindful Mondays, or within the past 2 weeks, have you come into contact with a person who is/was positive for COVID-19?*
Do you currently have a fever (>99.9 degrees)?*
Do you have a new or worsening cough or shortness of breath/difficulty breathing?*
Do you have at least two of the following: chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, or diarrhea?*
*If you answer yes to any of these questions you must not come to class. Please email us for the zoom link to participate from home.
All participants must also bring masks to have on hand for the group portion of the program, when interacting with the instructor or other participants. While you are forest bathing you will be on your own and will not need to wear a mask.
|Neon CRM by Neon One|